Monday, March 9, 2009

Menlo Park Grand Prix - Hollywood Again

I am sponsoring the Webcor Elite Men's team this year. We have some VERY fast guys on the team. Above is Rand Miller racing on some Williams prototypes. I love the way this guy races. Full throttle from the gun every day. He is most comfortable off the front doing his thing. Here he is with Holloway, Andy Jaques Maines and the speedy Dan Martin off the front.
The kid is unbeatable. Daniel Holloway won the P/1/2 race with a blazing sprint. Of course, he did it on a set of Williams 58 full carbon tubulars. I really enjoy watching Daniel sprint. He is as smooth as glass. He just floats right by you. BTW, Daniel is off to the Track World Championships later this month representing the USA. He will metal.

Hernando. To know him is to love him. On the mike all day. Dude knows his bike racin'


Andy Jaques Maines with the promoter. It's great to have Andy here in NorCal. He is such a powerhouse strong man. I like to say that if Andy was in a bar fight, he would be the last man standing...not because he can fight, but because he is just tougher than anyone else. Also, I owe Andy a lot. He has offered me great advice over the last year. Andy is an engineer and worked at Specialized for 5 years designing many products you see today on road, TT and cross bikes.

OK, I'm a bone head. Here I am setting up neutral for the days racing. I planned to race the P/1/2/3 race but forgot my bike at home.